Try something new for Thanksgiving dinner—or at least a twist on old favorites!
Here’s the quintessential list for keeping it classic while freshening up your Thanksgiving game: 13+ Exciting Thanksgiving Recipes.
Whether it’s just you, or a table full of family members, there’s power in having nostalgic, homecooked, memory-inducing foods that simultaneously fill your heart and your tummy.
While Thanksgiving means a lot of different things to different people, these Exciting Thanksgiving Recipes are all dishes that make me feel at home—wherever my plate might be.
13+ Exciting Thanksgiving Recipes
- Pumpkin Muffins with Spiced Cream Cheese Frosting
- Creamy Brie Mac and Cheese (No-Bake!)
- Sparkling Mulled Cranberry Cocktail
- Quick Garlic and Lemon Asparagus
- Five-Ingredient Maple Sweet Potato Casserole
- Roasted Garlic and Feta Mashed Potatoes
- Drunken Apple Pie With Bourbon Drizzle
- New Old-Fashioned Cocktail with Bourbon
- Sweet and Salty Brussels Sprouts
- Four-Ingredient Roasted Potatoes
- Hearty Mushroom Gravy
- Green Bean Casserole with Secret Ingredient
- Festive Apple Cake with Streusel Topping
- Cheesiest Indulgent Mac-n-Cheese
- Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
1. Pumpkin Muffins with Spiced Cream Cheese Frosting
Fall has arrived with these fluffy and moist Pumpkin Muffins with Spiced Cream Cheese Frosting. If you love pumpkin spice, you will LOVE these muffins.
2. Creamy Brie Mac and Cheese (No-Bake!)
Ready to level up your classic mac and cheese with a new twist? This Creamy Brie Mac and Cheese uses two types of cheese—one bold, and one more mild, to make the perfectly balanced bite.
3. Sparkling Mulled Cranberry Cocktail
A boozy and refreshing take on classic Fall flavors makes this Sparkling Mulled Cranberry Cocktail the epitome of a holiday cocktail.
4. Quick Garlic and Lemon Asparagus
This Quick Garlic Lemon Asparagus is fresh, earthy, cheesy, and zesty! The perfect side dish. You can also use this same recipe for all your green vegetables!
5. Five-Ingredient Maple Sweet Potato Casserole
This 5-Ingredient Maple Sweet Potato Casserole maximizes the caramel and vanilla flavors of maple syrup and the natural sweetness of the potatoes to bring a bold taste with just a few ingredients!
6. Roasted Garlic and Feta Mashed Potatoes
These Roasted Garlic and Feta Mashed Potatoes are creamy and fluffy with the perfect amount of salt and garlic to amp up each bite.
7. Drunken Apple Pie With Bourbon Drizzle
Kick your apple pie up a notch with a boozy twist! This Drunken Apple Pie with Bourbon Glaze plays off the natural oak, vanilla, and caramel flavors of bourbon to add depth to your favorite Thanksgiving fall classic.
8. New Old-Fashioned Cocktail with Bourbon
This New Fashioned is an herbaceous twist on a classic favorite—the Old Fashioned—with the distinct flavor of honey and fresh aromatics of rosemary.
9. Sweet and Salty Brussels Sprouts
These Sweet and Salty Brussels Sprouts will turn even the pickiest of eaters into brussels-obsessed veggie lovers with this lick-your-fingers-worthy recipe.
10. Four-Ingredient Roasted Potatoes
Sometimes you need simple. And that’s okay. Especially when simple is effective like in these Four Ingredient Roasted Potatoes.
11. Hearty Mushroom Gravy
Non-meat-eaters rejoice! Finally, a Hearty Mushroom Gravy that boasts tons of flavor and can compete with any meat-based gravy. Pour over biscuits, mashed potatoes, veggies, fish—you name it!
12. Green Bean Casserole with Secret Ingredient
This Green Bean Casserole utilizes a secret ingredient to boost the natural flavors of your traditional Thanksgiving favorite for a whole new dinner sides experience.
13. Festive Apple Cake with Streusel Topping
This Apple Cake With Streusel Topping is the perfect way to celebrate the arrival of fall with fragrant cinnamon and the addition of 4 juicy apples to lock in moisture.
14. Cheesiest Indulgent Mac-n-Cheese
The Cheesiest Indulgent Mac-n-Cheese to make the kid in you rejoice. With its extra creamy sauce and bubbling cheesy crust, you’ll be hard-pressed not to mutter “Mmmmm” with every single bite.
15. Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Looking for the perfect cookie to serve at Thanksgiving? Stop the search! These Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are easy to whip up and use the perfect amount of pumpkin and spices to bring Fall flavors to your classic cookie.
Thank you for checking out my list of 13+ exciting recipes to try this Thanksgiving. Whether your gathering is large or small, there is something here that will knock the socks off those at the dinner table. Happy Thanksgiving!
If you’re still unsure where to start, here’s one of my annual family favorites, this 5-Ingredient Maple Sweet Potato Casserole.