Looking for a delicious way to prepare your favorite fibrous green vegetable? This list of 7+ Asparagus Recipes will give you plenty of options to bring out the best in your asparagus.
Between simple roasting recipes, How-To’s for preparing asparagus with other vegetables simultaneously, and asparagus recipes with a unique flare, there is something for all asparagus-lovers on this list!
Without a doubt, asparagus season is up there with my favorites! The vibrant and healthy vegetable is just so versatile and healthful.
Green Tip: Seasonal and local foods have less associated transportation costs and fuel emissions. Check when asparagus is in season in your area with this Seasonal Food Guide.
As an environmental scientist, I always try to stick to seasonal eating! It’s one of the easiest (and most delicious!) ways to support local farmers and improve your carbon footprint.
9+ Best Asparagus Recipes
- 10-Minute Cast-Iron Asparagus
- Easy Sheet Pan Caprese Asparagus
- 30-Minute Roasted Asparagus and Carrots
- The Best Purple Asparagus Recipe
- 20-Minute Garlic Lemon Asparagus
- Stovetop Creamed Asparagus with Parmesan
- The BEST White Asparagus Recipe
- 20-Minute Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Asparagus
- Roasted Asparagus and Mushrooms
1. 10-Minute Cast-Iron Asparagus
10-Minute Cast Iron Asparagus
2. Easy Sheet Pan Caprese Asparagus
Easy Sheet Pan Caprese Asparagus
3. 30-Minute Roasted Asparagus and Carrots
30-Minute Roasted Asparagus and Carrots
4. The Best Purple Asparagus Recipe
The Best Purple Asparagus Recipe
5. 20-Minute Garlic Lemon Asparagus
20-Minute Garlic Lemon Asparagus
6. Stovetop Creamed Asparagus with Parmesan
Stovetop Creamed Asparagus with Parmesan
7. The BEST White Asparagus Recipe
The BEST White Asparagus Recipe
8. 20-Minute Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Asparagus
20-Minute Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Asparagus
9. Roasted Asparagus and Mushrooms
20-Minute Roasted Asparagus and Mushrooms
I hope this list of 7+ Best Asparagus Recipes inspires you to make the most out of your beautiful seasonal produce! If you’re still not sure where to start, I included this 10-Minute Cast Iron Asparagus that is is crisp and fresh, bringing out the delicious natural flavors in the asparagus.
7+ Best Asparagus Recipes, including 10-Minute Cast Iron AsparagusPRINT PIN RATE
Cast Iron Asparagus
- 1 pound asparagus
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Optional Topping Ideas
- 2 cloves garlic (or ½ teaspoon garlic powder)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Prep your asparagus by snapping off the "woody" ends.
- To a large cast-iron skillet, add the water over high heat. Once it starts to simmer, add the asparagus in a single layer. Cover and steam for 90 seconds.
- After 90 seconds, remove the lid and continue to simmer until almost all of the water has evaporated.
- Once the water has evaporated, add the oil, salt, pepper, and any optional toppings. Continue to heat, tossing occasionally, until you see some char on the asparagus. Enjoy hot.
- For more delicious vegetable recipes, check out this list of Best Roasted Vegetables.