Looking for a delicious way to prepare your favorite fibrous green vegetable? This list of my best Asparagus Recipes will give you plenty of options to bring out the best in your asparagus.
Between simple roasting recipes, how-to’s for preparing asparagus with other vegetables simultaneously, and asparagus recipes with a unique flare, there is something for all asparagus lovers on this list!
Without a doubt, asparagus season is up there with my favorites! The vibrant and healthy vegetable is just so versatile and healthy.
Green Tip: Seasonal and local foods have less associated transportation costs and fuel emissions. Check when asparagus is in season in your area with this Seasonal Food Guide.
As an environmental scientist, I always try to stick to seasonal eating! It’s one of the easiest (and most delicious!) ways to support local farmers and improve your carbon footprint.
12+ Best Asparagus Recipes
- 10-Minute Cast-Iron Asparagus
- Easy Sheet Pan Caprese Asparagus
- 30-Minute Roasted Asparagus and Carrots
- The Best Purple Asparagus Recipe
- 20-Minute Garlic Lemon Asparagus
- Stovetop Creamed Asparagus with Parmesan
- The BEST White Asparagus Recipe
- 20-Minute Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Asparagus
- Roasted Asparagus and Mushrooms
- Creamy Asparagus Quiche with Gouda Cheese
- Garlic Parmesan Asparagus
- Roasted Potatoes and Asparagus
- Cheesy Baked Asparagus Casserole
1. 10-Minute Cast-Iron Asparagus
2. Easy Sheet Pan Caprese Asparagus
3. 30-Minute Roasted Asparagus and Carrots
4. The Best Purple Asparagus Recipe
5. 20-Minute Garlic Lemon Asparagus
6. Stovetop Creamed Asparagus with Parmesan
7. The BEST White Asparagus Recipe
8. 20-Minute Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Asparagus
9. Roasted Asparagus and Mushrooms
10. Creamy Asparagus Quiche with Gouda Cheese
11. Garlic Parmesan Asparagus
12. Roasted Potatoes and Asparagus
13. Cheesy Baked Asparagus Casserole
I hope this list of my Best Asparagus Recipes inspires you to make the most out of your beautiful seasonal produce! If you’re still not sure where to start, I included this 10-Minute Cast Iron Asparagus that is crisp and fresh, bringing out the delicious natural flavors in the asparagus.
12+ Best Asparagus Recipes, including 10-Minute Cast Iron AsparagusPRINT PIN RATE
Cast Iron Asparagus
- 1 pound asparagus
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Optional Topping Ideas
- 2 cloves garlic (or ½ teaspoon garlic powder)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Prep your asparagus by snapping off the "woody" ends.
- To a large cast-iron skillet, add the water over high heat. Once it starts to simmer, add the asparagus in a single layer. Cover and steam for 90 seconds.
- After 90 seconds, remove the lid and continue to simmer until almost all of the water has evaporated.
- Once the water has evaporated, add the oil, salt, pepper, and any optional toppings. Continue to heat, tossing occasionally, until you see some char on the asparagus. Enjoy hot.
- For more delicious vegetable recipes, check out this list of Best Roasted Vegetables.