Looking for some delicious ways to add more carrots to your diet? This list of Best Carrot Recipes has a wide variety of carrot recipes to make sure you’re making the most out of your root vegetable.
As an environmental scientist, I am always trying to highlight sustainable ingredients. Carrots, when sourced locally and in season, is considered a sustainable crop.
Relative to most other vegetables, carrots have one of the lowest water footprints and a relatively low carbon footprint.
Green Tip: Seasonal and local foods have less associated transportation costs and fuel emissions. Check when carrots are in season in your area with this Seasonal Food Guide.
Carrots are so versatile and are so delicious in both savory and sweet recipes. Below you will see a variety of different types of carrots as well as a variety of different ways to cook with them.
10+ Best Carrot Recipes
- 20-Minute Roasted Broccoli and Carrots
- The Best Yellow Carrots (aka White Carrots)
- 5-Minute Carrot Top Pesto
- Creamy Carrot Pasta
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Carrots
- One-Pot Carrot Pumpkin Soup
- 5-Minute Carrot Mug Cake
- Roasted Asparagus and Carrots
- Moist Banana Carrot Muffins
- Carrot Dogs for the Grill (Vegan)
1. 20-Minute Roasted Broccoli and Carrots
20-Minute Roasted Broccoli and Carrots
2. The Best Yellow Carrots (aka White Carrots)
The Best Yellow Carrots (aka White Carrots)
3. 5-Minute Carrot Top Pesto
5-Minute Carrot Top Pesto
4. Creamy Carrot Pasta
30-Minute Creamy Carrot Pasta
5. Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Carrots
20-Minute Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Carrots
6. One-Pot Carrot Pumpkin Soup
One-Pot Carrot Pumpkin Soup
7. 5-Minute Carrot Mug Cake
5-Minute Carrot Mug Cake
8. Roasted Asparagus and Carrots
30-Minute Roasted Asparagus and Carrots
9. Moist Banana Carrot Muffins
Moist Banana Carrot Muffins
10. Carrot Dogs for the Grill (Vegan)
Carrot Dogs for the Grill (Vegan)
I hope this list of Best Carrot Recipes inspires you to embrace this awesome root veg! If you’re still not sure where to start, I’ve included the recipe for these Roasted Asparagus and Carrots that makes for the perfect, healthy, 30-minute side to accompany any main dish.
30-Minute Roasted Asparagus and CarrotsPRINT PIN RATE
Simple Roasted Carrots and Asparagus
- 1 pound asparagus (1 bunch asparagus = approx. 1 pound)
- 1 pound carrots (4 large carrots = approx. 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Optional Topping Ideas
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon garlic or onion powder
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, grated or shaved (or Nutritional Yeast)
- 2 tablespoons butter (dairy or plant-based)
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Prep your vegetables by snapping off the "woody" ends of the asparagus and trimming the ends off the carrots, peeling them, and slicing them into long thin pieces (roughly the same size as the asparagus).
- To a large 18 x 26-inch baking sheet, add your prepared carrots and asparagus. Add the olive oil, salt, and pepper, and toss to coat. If you're adding any optional toppings, add them now, too. Then, spread the vegetables out in a single layer.
- Roast for 20 minutes until tender with crispy edges. Serve hot!
- The asparagus and carrot tips can be composted or used to make your own vegetable broth.