I know—”best cookie recipes” is a huge claim!! With all the cookies out there, how can I be confident that these are the best? Because no matter what your flavor preference, time of the year, or dietary restrictions, there’s something for everyone on this list!
From seasonal cookies to super indulgent to cookies with vegan ingredients, this list has a wide range of cookie recipes to guarantee there is something you fancy!
Green Tip: Look for non-toxic, Teflon-free bakeware when preparing to bake your cookies! Chemicals used to create harmful non-stick bakeware are detrimental pollutants to our environment.
As an environmental scientist, I believe making small changes like choosing eco-friendly bakeware, can make a bigger impact over time.
Best Cookie Recipes
- Homemade Cookie Dough Cups for Ice Cream
- No-Bake Cookie Dough Bites
- Gideon’s Bakehouse Cookie Recipe (Copycat)
- 20-Minute Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cakey Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
- Soft and Chewy Matcha Cookies
- Margarita Cookies with Tequila Lime Glaze
- Fun Fruity Pebbles Cookies
- Rosemary Shortbread Cookies with Lemon Glaze
- Fun Vegan Rainbow Celebration Cookies
- Crispy Vegan Peanut Butter Biscuits
- Fun Salted Chocolate Halloween Cookies
- Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cute Christmas Cookie Cake
- Candy Cane Shortbread Cookies
- Cute & Easy Chocolate Peppermint Christmas Cookies
1. Homemade Cookie Dough Cups for Ice Cream
2. No-Bake Cookie Dough Bites
3. Gideon’s Bakehouse Cookie Recipe (Copycat)
4. 20-Minute Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies
5. Cakey Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
6. Soft and Chewy Matcha Cookies
7. Margarita Cookies with Tequila Lime Glaze
8. Fun Fruity Pebbles Cookies
9. Rosemary Shortbread Cookies with Lemon Glaze
10. Fun Vegan Rainbow Celebration Cookies
11. Crispy Vegan Peanut Butter Biscuits
12. Fun Salted Chocolate Halloween Cookies
13. Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
14. Cute Christmas Cookie Cake
15. Candy Cane Shortbread Cookies
16. Cute & Easy Chocolate Peppermint Christmas Cookies
I hope this list of Best Cookie Recipes inspires you to try something new! If you’re still not sure where to start, I’ve included my recipe for Vegan Peanut Butter Biscuits that are truly my favorite accompaniment to a cup of tea.
15+ Best Cookie Recipes, including Vegan Peanut Butter BiscuitsPRINT PIN RATE
- ¼ cup oil (coconut, vegetable, Canola, Grapeseed, peanut)
- ¼ cup vegan butter (I use Kite Hill brand)
- 1 cup creamy salted peanut butter
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (almond, soy, oat, coconut, cashew, flax, or hemp)
- 1 handful of salted peanuts for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer on low to combine your oil, butter, and peanut butter.
- Add both sugars and cream together with your mixer until well combined (about 45 seconds).
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until completely combined. It's okay if it's more sandy than smooth.
- Beat in vanilla and nondairy milk until smooth.
- Use clean hands to form 2 tablespoons of dough into a ball and place on a lined baking sheet. Repeat until all the dough is used up, allowing space for cookies to expand while cooking. You should have enough dough to yield about 15 cookies.
- Use a fork to press a crisscross shape into the top of the cookies and flatten the dough just a little bit. This step is what yields that classic crinkle top.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes and allow to cool at least 10 minutes before enjoying! Garnish with chopped salted peanuts (optional) for extra salinity and crunch.
- If you’re not vegan, you can use regular butter and cow’s milk and get an awesome cookie, as well.
- I used coconut milk for the cookies pictured, but I’ve also made this recipe with almond and oat milk. Just make sure your non-dairy milk is not sweetened. You want to be able to control the sweetness of the cookie, and using sweetened milk adds extra sugar.
- If you only have chunky peanut butter on hand, that’s fine too. You will just have a little extra crunch in your cookies because of the peanuts.