If you’re a huge pesto fan like me and want more exciting ways to enjoy it, this list of Best Pesto Recipes is for you! It’s my all-encompassing list of my favorite homemade pesto recipes, plus the recipes that use it!
Pesto is famously fresh, vibrant, herbaceous, and packed with flavor, making it a welcomed ingredient in dishes that range from pasta to seafood to flatbread. Classically made with basil, pesto is a herby blended sauce that tends to be garlic-forward and peppery.
Green tip: Making your own sauces and syrups is a great way to avoid extra plastic packaging that eventually ends up in landfills or makes its way into the environment and becomes microplastics.
As an environmental scientist, I always prioritize being more sustainability-minded in the kitchen. Making my own homemade sauces and dressings is one of my favorite ways to lower my contribution to environmentally damaging microplastics.
Best Pesto Recipes
- Arugula Basil Pesto
- Small-Batch Pesto Vinaigrette
- Pesto Butter
- Mushroom Pesto Pasta
- Salmon Pesto Pasta
- Pesto Butter Garlic Bread
- Ricotta Pesto Pasta
- Carrot Top Pesto
- Canned Tuna Pesto Pasta Salad
- Pesto Butter Salmon
- Burrata Pesto Pasta
- Fig and Goat Cheese Flatbread
- 25-Minute Orzo Pesto Salad
1. Arugula Basil Pesto
5-Minute Arugula Basil Pesto
2. Small-Batch Pesto Vinaigrette
3. Pesto Butter
5-Minute Pesto Butter
4. Mushroom Pesto Pasta
4-Ingredient Mushroom Pesto Pasta (One-Pot)
5. Salmon Pesto Pasta
4-Ingredient Salmon Pesto Pasta
6. Pesto Butter Garlic Bread
20-Minute Pesto Butter Garlic Bread
7. Ricotta Pesto Pasta
20-Minute Ricotta Pesto Pasta
8. Carrot Top Pesto
5-Minute Carrot Top Pesto
9. Canned Tuna Pesto Pasta Salad
Canned Tuna Pesto Pasta Salad
10. Pesto Butter Salmon
3-Ingredient Pesto Butter Salmon
11. Burrata Pesto Pasta
5-Ingredient Burrata Pesto Pasta
12. Fig and Goat Cheese Flatbread
Fig and Goat Cheese Flatbread
13. 25-Minute Orzo Pesto Salad
25-Minute Orzo Pesto Salad
I hope this list of Best Pesto Recipes inspires you to embrace this awesome sauce! If you’re still not sure where to start, I’ve included the recipe for Salmon Pesto Pasta, a quick and easy 4-ingredient family-friendly meal that comes together in 30 minutes and in just one pot.
12+ Best Pesto Recipes, including Salmon Pesto PastaPRINT PIN RATE
- Bamboo Paper Towels (optional)
- 16 ounces pasta (short or long)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 ounces salmon (1 portion = 3-5 ounces)
- 8 ounces pesto (8 ounces pesto = approx 1 cup)
- Cook the pasta al dente according to the directions on the box. Before straining, make sure to conserve at least 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Set pasta aside in a colander or large bowl.
- Remove the skin from salmon if necessary and pat the salmon dry with paper towels (use these bamboo paper towels for a more sustainable option!). Cut it into small cubes, about 1 cubic inch in size.
- Add the salmon to the pot with the olive oil and about 1 tablespoon of pesto. Cook over medium heat for about 5-7 minutes, tossing frequently so the salmon cooks evenly on both sides.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add the pasta to the pot with the salmon.
- Add the pesto to the pasta and toss to coat. While you are tossing, slowly add the pasta water, about 1 tablespoon at a time, assessing the consistency as you go. You should only need about 2-3 tablespoons of pasta water to successfully coat the pesto in the pasta. Serve hot and enjoy!
- For more easy and low clean-up recipes, check out this awesome list of my best One-Pot meals.