I don’t know about you, but I could easily eat potatoes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Hands down my favorite starch, the humble potato can elevate any meal. So, I made a list of the Best Potato Recipes to inspire you to eat more spuds.
Potatoes are the perfect anchor to any meal! Whether they are mashed and creamy or roasted and crispy, they bring tons of texture, flavor, and heartiness to your plate.
As an environmental scientist, I am always trying to make sustainable ingredients shine. Potatoes, especially when sourced organically, are a sustainable crop.
Green Tip: Potatoes have a relatively small environmental footprint as they only require a small area to thrive and have a super long shelf life, which means you’re less likely to waste them!
And the best part? Potatoes can generally be sourced locally year-round.
11+ Best Potato Recipes
- Creamy Boursin Mashed Potatoes
- 35 Minute Roasted Honey Gold Potatoes
- Parmesan Truffle Fries (Baked or Air Fryer)
- 5-Ingredient Maple Sweet Potato Casserole
- Roasted Garlic and Feta Mashed Potatoes
- Creamy Sweet Potato Hummus
- Great Grandma’s Traditional Potato Latkes
- 30-Minute Sweet Potato Pasta Sauce
- Baked Old Bay Fries with Quick Aioli (Air Fryer Option)
- Crispy Pan-Fried Sweet Potato Quesadilla
- Creamy Roasted Sweet Potato Soup
- Sweet Potato Zucchini Fritters
- 30-Minute Truffle Mashed Potatoes
- Creamy Twice-Baked Mashed Potatoes (Great for Leftovers!)
1. Creamy Boursin Mashed Potatoes
2. 35-Minute Roasted Honey Gold Potatoes
3. Parmesan Truffle Fries (Baked or Air Fryer)
4. 5-Ingredient Maple Sweet Potato Casserole
5. Roasted Garlic and Feta Mashed Potatoes
6. Creamy Sweet Potato Hummus
7. Great Grandma’s Traditional Potato Latkes
8. 30-Minute Sweet Potato Pasta Sauce
9. Baked Old Bay Fries with Quick Aioli (Air Fryer Option)
10. Crispy Pan-Fried Sweet Potato Quesadilla
11. Creamy Roasted Sweet Potato Soup
12. Sweet Potato Zucchini Fritters
13. 30-Minute Truffle Mashed Potatoes
14. Creamy Twice-Baked Mashed Potatoes (Great for Leftovers!)
I hope this list of Best Potato Recipes inspires you to embrace the spud! If you’re still not sure where to start, I’ve included the recipe for these beautifully golden-brown Roasted Honey Gold Potatoes that have crispy edges and are perfectly seasoned! They make the most delicious side dish!
9+ Best Potato Recipes, including Roasted Honey Gold PotatoesPRINT PIN RATE
- 24 ounces Honey Gold potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Chop your potatoes into 4 roughly equal-sized wedges and remove your rosemary and thyme from the stem and dice.
- Spread the potatoes out on a baking sheet and pour olive oil, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper on top.
- Use clean hands or a large spoon to toss to ensure each potato wedge is coated in oil and seasonings.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes on the top rack, until potatoes are crispy and starting to turn golden brown.
- Top with more fresh rosemary and serve hot.
- In order to ensure that the potatoes get nice and crispy, they must be evenly coated in oil. Though 3 tablespoons may seem like a lot, note that some oil will be left on your baking sheet once you serve your potatoes.
- Fresh rosemary is very fragrant, and much more flavorful than dried rosemary, so I highly recommend using fresh rosemary for this recipe. However, substituting dried thyme for fresh thyme won’t affect the outcome of this recipe too much.
- I’ve used this same recipe for little red potatoes, and it works just as well. They just tend to take a little longer to cook. Adjust your cooking time accordingly.