This super refreshing Citrus and Basil Gin Cocktail is the perfect happy hour cocktail to kick back and cool off with on a hot summer day.
Refreshing citrus and fresh basil pairs beautifully with the naturally herbaceous flavors of gin, and is only made better by the bubbly finish in this Smash Cocktail.
Citrus & Basil Gin Smash Tips and Tricks
What Is a Smash Anyway?
A smash is a drink comprised of a spirit, a fruit, and a fresh herb.
It’s a loosely defined cocktail with lots of variety and no boundaries. A smash is easily the best way to infuse fruit and herbs into any drink with your favorite spirit!
Green tip: Growing your own herbs such as basil at home is a delicious way to reduce your environmental footprint. Homegrown herbs have zero associated food miles, no pesky plastic packaging, and are free of damaging fertilizers and chemicals.
Plus, they are just so fresh and flavorful.
Don’t Forget Your Garnish
I say it every time! The fragrance and aroma from garnish can absolutely elevate your cocktail, and this Basil Gin Cocktail is ALL about citrus and herbs!
Plus, let’s face it, you drink with your eyes and nose first.
You Don’t Have To Love Gin to Love This Basil Gin Cocktail
Trust me, start with this Citrus and Basil Gin Cocktail. The simple syrup and basil give you a little bit of sweetness that plays beautifully with the tart lemon and lime. The sparkling water brings that refreshing, bubbly, finish. The gin is present, but not overwhelming.
So, this cocktail’s got a good chance of helping you acquire a taste for it!
Why You Should Make This Citrus and Basil Gin Smash Cocktail
- It’s summery. The lemon and lime really make for a refreshing sip.
- It’s bubbly. Topping it off with sparkling water is the cherry on top!
- It’s fresh! Fresh herbs are a great way to incorporate fresh flavor!
If you love this Citrus and Basil Gin Smash and are looking for more Happy Hour favorites, check out this list of 10+ Mixology Cocktails To Try At Home!
Citrus and Basil Gin Smash CocktailPRINT PIN RATE
- 1 sprigs basil
- 1 ounce simple syrup (1 ounce = 2 tablespoons)
- 4 ounces gin (4 ounces = ½ cup)
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- ½ ounce lime juice
- 2 ounces sparkling water
- Always garnish your cocktails! It makes such a difference on your sip.
- Never add any carbonated drinks to your shaker. Pour it over your drink, or you risk losing those beautiful bubbles!
- Still thirsty? Check out this awesome collection of my best cocktail recipes!