Looking for a cozy and hearty meal to warm you up? This list of Meatless Soup Recipes has a variety of choices that are all equally warming, incorporating a number of fresh ingredients to give you options no matter the season!
Green Tip: Eating seasonally is one of the best ways to live more sustainably, Local foods have less associated transportation costs and fuel emissions. Check what’s in season in your area with this Seasonal Food Guide.
They are all relatively easy to make, safe for vegetarians, and almost all can be made with just one pot! Plus, every last one is packed with nutrients from numerous vegetables, designed to nourish you and fill you up!
1. Vegetarian Broccoli Cheddar Soup
2. Creamy Vegan Wild Rice Soup
3. Carrot Pumpkin Soup
4. Vegetarian French Onion Soup
5. Vegan Orzo Soup with Seasonal Veggies
6. Creamy Roasted Sweet Potato Soup
7. 30-Minute Healing Pastina Soup
I hope this list of 6+ Hearty Meatless Soup Recipes inspires you to whip up a warm bowl of deliciousness! If you’re still not sure where to start, I included this Creamy Vegan Wild Rice Soup, which is warming, nourishing, and so flavorful! Plus, it only requires one pot making it easy to cook and clean.
6+ Hearty Meatless Soup Recipes, including Creamy Vegan Wild Rice SoupPRINT PIN RATE
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup wild rice
- 13.5 ounces full fat coconut milk (13.5 oz usually = 1 can)
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- In a large pot or Dutch Oven, add olive oil with prepped onion, mushrooms, carrots, celery, and garlic over medium heat until juices release and the onion is transparent. Stir occasionally.
- Add flour, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and cayenne (optional) and stir to coat. Make sure there is no lumps of flour before moving to the next step.
- Add vegetable broth and bay leaf and stir to combine.
- Add wild rice and stir to evenly distribute. Cover and turn heat down to low. Simmer on low, covered, for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure nothing sticks to the bottom and burns.
- Remove the bay leaf and add coconut milk and spinach. Cook for another 5 minutes uncovered, stirring frequently.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- For more easy and low clean-up recipes, check out this awesome list of my best One-Pot recipes.