Craving the chocolatey richness of fresh brownies? This list of Homemade Brownies from Scratch provides a range of flavored brownies that are all a great deal better than the boxed stuff!
From topped, to stuffed, to flavored, this list has it all—even a 5-minute option for your microwave! So, whether you are an experienced baker with a fancy oven or a novice baker with only a microwave, this list has something for you!
Green Tip: Look for non-toxic, Teflon-free bakeware when preparing to bake your cakes! Chemicals used to create harmful non-stick bakeware are detrimental pollutants to our environment.
As an environmental scientist, I believe making small changes like choosing eco-friendly bakeware, can make a bigger impact over time.
Homemade Brownies from Scratch
- Best Ever One-Bowl Fudgy Chocolate Brownies
- 80-Second Fudgy Vegan Mug Brownie
- Decadent Dairy-Free Brownies
- Chewy Condensed Milk Brownies
- Fudgy Chocolate Cherry Brownies
- Cadbury Mini Egg Brownies
- Fudgy Swirled Brownie Blondies
- Tangy Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake Brownies
- Fudgy Matcha Brownies
1. Best Ever One-Bowl Fudgy Chocolate Brownies
2. 80-Second Fudgy Vegan Mug Brownie
3. Decadent Dairy-Free Brownies
4. Chewy Condensed Milk Brownies
5. Fudgy Chocolate Cherry Brownies
6. Cadbury Mini Egg Brownies
7. Fudgy Swirled Brownie Blondies
8. Tangy Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake Brownies
9. Fudgy Matcha Brownies
I hope this list of recipes for Homemade Brownies from Scratch inspires you to whip up a fresh batch of brownies in your kitchen! If you’re still not sure where to start, I’ve included this recipe for melt-in-your-mouth, Best Ever One-Bowl Fudgy Chocolate Brownies that are classic and fudgy deliciousness!
9+ Homemade Brownies from Scratch, including One-Bowl BrowniesPRINT PIN RATE
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ¼ cup cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (in liquid form)
- 2 eggs (large)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons espresso powder (optional)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 pinch sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
- Preheat an oven to 350°F.
- Combine softened butter with the sugar and coconut oil using a hand mixer. If you haven’t had time to let your butter soften, put it in the microwave for 20 second-intervals until you can poke it with your finger and leave an imprint.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and whisk until combined.
- Sift in flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder (optional), and salt and combine until smooth.
- Pour batter into lined 9 x 9 inch square baking pan.
- Cover top with an even layer of chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, remove from oven and immediately crack on sea salt or pink Himalayan salt. Allow to cool and enjoy!
- When the brownies first come out of the oven, they may seem slightly underdone. This is intentional as they will continue to cook until they cool. However, if you are one of those people who prefers the corner pieces and not the ooey-gooey middle bits, leave them in the oven for 5 extra minutes in order to get a crispier treat.
- I like my brownies chunkier, so I use a 9-inch by 9-inch pan. If you want thinner brownies, you can easily use a 13-inch by 9-inch pan. No need to alter the cooking time or anything. I’ve made them in this size pan before and they are equally delicious.
- The quality of the chocolate chips makes a big difference in this recipe.