Salmon is a family favorite for its rich flavor, juicy texture, and numerous health benefits. This 8+ Simple Salmon Recipes list is designed to motivate you to eat more salmon and feel confident while cooking it!
As an environmental scientist, sourcing seafood sustainably is very important to me.
Salmon farming, when done carelessly, poses a risk to our environment for several reasons. The antibiotics used in salmon farms can then leach into the surrounding environment and the depletion of other wild fish harvested to feed the salmon.
Similarly, wild-caught salmon poses other risks, including overfishing and bycatch. Plus, there are often issues with availability and access to wild-caught salmon.
So where does that leave us when it comes to sourcing salmon sustainably? We have two great choices: sustainably farmed salmon, or wild-caught Alaskan salmon.
Simple Salmon Recipes
- 3-Ingredient Pesto Butter Salmon
- Heavenly Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict
- Almond Crusted Salmon with Parmesan
- One-Pot Cajun Salmon Pasta
- Roasted Garlic Salmon for Two
- Salmon Spinach Pasta with White Wine Sauce
- Teriyaki Salmon Bowl
- One-Pot Smoked Salmon Pasta with Parmesan
- 30-Minute Spicy Salmon Bowl
- Creamy Blackened Salmon Pasta
1. Three-Ingredient Pesto Butter Salmon
2. Heavenly Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict
3. Almond Crusted Salmon with Parmesan
4. One-Pot Cajun Salmon Pasta
5. Roasted Garlic Salmon for Two
6. Salmon Spinach Pasta with White Wine Sauce
7. Teriyaki Salmon Bowl
8. One-Pot Smoked Salmon Pasta with Parmesan
9. 30 Minute Spicy Salmon Bowl
10. Creamy Blackened Salmon Pasta
I hope this list of 8+ Simple Salmon Recipes gives you delicious inspiration and teaches you how to easily prepare a tasty salmon dish! If you’re still unsure where to start, I’ve included this 5-ingredient, 30-minute Roasted Garlic Salmon for two!
8+ Simple Salmon Recipes, including Roasted Garlic SalmonPRINT PIN RATE
- Bamboo Paper Towels (optional)
- 2 portions salmon (1 portion = approx. 3 to 5 ounces)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (1 lemon = approx 4 tablespoons juice)
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Mince your garlic and cut your salmon into individual portions (about 3-5 ounces each) if necessary. Pat dry the salmon with a paper towel (try these bamboo paper towels for a more sustainable option!).
- Place salmon on baking sheet skin side down (option to line with aluminum foil). Squeeze the lemon juice on top.
- Season each fillet generously with steak seasoning and use clean hands to press minced garlic on top to form an outer crust.
- Drizzle olive oil on top of the garlic as evenly as possible.
- Roast for about 20-25 minutes on the top rack until the salmon is cooked through (internal temperature should reach 145°F) and the garlic is just starting to turn golden-brown. *
- If you feel your salmon is cooked through but your garlic is not yet browned, turn your oven on broil and watch it closely. Usually, your garlic will roast within 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- You can use any steak seasoning in this recipe!