A boozy and refreshing take on classic Fall flavors makes this Sparkling Mulled Cranberry Cocktail the best way to enjoy the tradition and comfort of cinnamon and spices even on the hottest day.
Things are weird right now. They’ve been weird for a while. So a lot of us have been searching for some kind of normalcy and comfort. And nothing is more comforting or feels more routine than tradition.
If you’re anything like me you’re already looking forward to that time of year where tradition is EVERYTHING.
There’s just nothing like it. When I think Fall, I think warmth, coziness, and family. I have the absolute best memories of diving into huge piles of orange and red leaves and wrapping myself in a blanket in front of my fireplace.
AND THE SMELLS! Sweet cinnamon and pumpkin. Warm apple cider and whipped cream on pumpkin pie. YES, PLEASE.
There’s just one problem. It’s August in Florida. And you can’t so much as look out the window without immediately breaking out into a sweat. There MUST be a way to get all those flavors and feels while also keeping cool, right? Right. It’s with this Sparkling Mulled Cranberry Cocktail.
Who Will Love This Sparkling Mulled Cranberry Cocktail?
- Anyone who is seeking the comfort of traditional Fall flavors but wants Happy Hour to be refreshing tonight.
- Cranberry vodka drinkers who want to take their prized drink to the next level.
- People celebrating Christmas in July.
- Floridians who have maybe 2 days of winter (if that).
- Anyone who loves Fall flavors and is ready for them in August.
BONUS! This recipe will make your house smell like a Fall paradise—no cinnamon broom required. For another refreshing vodka drink idea, check out this Limoncello Cocktail!
Sparkling Mulled Cranberry CocktailPRINT PIN RATE
- 4 apples (2 red, 2 green)
- ½ lemon
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 4 cups unsweetened pure cranberry juice
- 2 cups vodka
- 3 cups sparkling water
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- Rosemary for garnish
- Clean and quarter your apples and add them to Dutch Oven with your lemon, sugar, and spices.
- Add cranberry juice on top. It should be just enough to cover all of your ingredients. Simmer on low, covered, for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and mash ingredients together. Allow your mixture to cool completely before straining liquid with a sieve.
- Add vodka and stir well. Add your sparkling water just before serving for that refreshing, sparkling finish. Garnish with rosemary and cinnamon stick and serve ice cold.
- Only add your sparkling water just before serving to get that refreshing, sparkling finish.
- I like to double strain my liquid to make sure it’s free of any gritty bits of apple. I strain it once into a bowl and a second time right into my pitcher.
- It’s hard to half this recipe because, in order to make a perfect mulled cranberry cider, you need enough cider to cover all of your ingredients. You can, however, easily save half the cider and just mix the right amount with vodka and sparkling water in an individual glass.
- Still thirsty? Check out this awesome collection of my best cocktail recipes!