Looking for an inventive way to use your favorite cereal? We have options for dessert, breakfast, cocktails, and snacks.
Green tip: Did you know that of the billions of pounds of food wasted annually, it is estimated that 50% of it happens in our homes? It’s always best to avoid food waste as much as you can!
As an environmental scientist, I am always trying to find ways to combat food waste, and cereal is one of those things I buy on sale, thinking it will be a great solution to busy mornings, but then forget about the box in the back of the pantry.
But with fun options like these inventive ways to use your breakfast cereal, you will never waste cereal again!
Inventive Ways To Use Your Breakfast Cereal
1. Crispy Captain Crunch French Toast
2. Colorful M&M Rice Krispie Treats
3. Crunchy Peanut Butter Cheerio Bars
4. Fun Fruity Pebbles Cookies
5. Epic Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cheesecake
6. Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats Dipped in Chocolate
7. Cinnamon Toast Crunch Shooter
8. Fruity Pebbles Pancakes with Cereal Milk Whip
I hope this list of inventive ways to use your breakfast cereal inspired you to get creative in the kitchen! If you’re still not sure where to start, check out this recipe for these protein-packed Peanut Butter Cheerio Bars— the perfect grab-and-go snack!
7+ Inventive Ways to Use Your Breakfast Cereal, including Cheerio BarsPRINT PIN RATE
- 3 tablespoons honey (or agave for vegan)
- ⅔ cup peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 3 cups original Cheerios
- ½ cup shelled peanuts
- 1 handful sea salt (optional)
- Line an 8-inch square cake pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the honey and peanut butter to a large pot over low heat and stir until combined.
- Use a spatula to fold in the Cheerios and peanuts, being careful not to crush the Cheerios, until the Cheerios and peanuts are completely coated.
- Transfer to lined cake pan and use your spatula to lightly press the mixture down flat.
- Refrigerate until completely solid—about 3 hours. Cut into bars in the size of your choice. Sprinkle on some sea salt for a salty-sweet finish.
- Individually wrap and store in the refrigerator.
- Depending on the salt content of the peanut butter and the peanuts you are using, you may or may not want to add the extra salt—taste them first!
- This recipe is designed for the use of Original Cheerios. Using Cheerios with flavoring such as Honey Nut Cheerios, Strawberry Cheerios, etc, will probably make your cereal bars too sweet.