Looking for an inventive way to use your favorite cereal? We have options for dessert, breakfast, cocktails, and snacks.
Green tip: Did you know that of the billions of pounds of food wasted annually, it is estimated that 50% of it happens in our homes? It’s always best to avoid food waste as much as you can!
As an environmental scientist, I am always trying to find ways to combat food waste, and cereal is one of those things I buy on sale, thinking it will be a great solution to busy mornings, but then forget about the box in the back of the pantry.
But with fun options like these inventive ways to use your breakfast cereal, you will never waste cereal again!
Inventive Ways To Use Your Breakfast Cereal
- Crispy Captain Crunch French Toast
- Colorful M&M Rice Krispie Treats
- Crunchy Peanut Butter Cheerio Bars
- Fun Fruity Pebbles Cookies
- Epic Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cheesecake
- Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats Dipped in Chocolate
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Shooter
1. Crispy Captain Crunch French Toast
Your favorite crunchy, sweet treat cereal makes the perfect coating for buttery brioche in this crispy pan-fried Captain Crunch French Toast.
2. Colorful M&M Rice Krispie Treats
These M&M Rice Krispie Treats are the most colorful, fun, and sticky-sweet way to treat yourself, without ever turning on the oven!
3. Crunchy Peanut Butter Cheerio Bars
These simple, 4-ingredient, protein-packed Peanut Butter Cheerio Bars are salty, sweet, and nutty—talk about snack-time perfection!
4. Fun Fruity Pebbles Cookies
These colorful Fruity Pebbles Cookies are soft and chewy with a rainbow crunch, the perfect texture, and flavor for a bright and fun bite!
5. Epic Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cheesecake
This Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cheesecake uses sweet cereal as a crunchy base to a creamy, silky filling to create the ultimate breakfast/dessert fusion.
6. Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats Dipped in Chocolate
These Chocolate-Dipped Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats are sticky, sweet, crunchy, nutty, and chocolatey all at once. The most nostalgic treat!
7. Cinnamon Toast Crunch Shooter
Enjoy a shot of nostalgia with this Cinnamon Toast Crunch Shooter that gives you all the delicious flavor of your favorite childhood cereal, but in adult fashion.
I hope this list of inventive ways to use your breakfast cereal inspired you to get creative in the kitchen! If you’re still not sure where to start, check out this recipe for these protein-packed Peanut Butter Cheerio Bars— the perfect grab-and-go snack!