Looking for a fun way to enjoy your Oreos? This 3-Ingredient Strawberry Oreo Milkshake is the easiest and most delicious way to elevate your Oreos.
The distinct taste of strawberry ice cream holds its own up against the iconic flavor of Oreos (yes, Oreos are a staple at my house. I’m known to have quite a few quick and easy Oreo recipes).
I know you thought cookies-n-cream couldn’t get any better…well, I’m here to tell ya: throw it in a blender with strawberry ice cream and you got yourself a real winner!
Strawberry Oreo Milkshake Tips and Tricks
You’ll Need A Blender or Food Processor
In addition to your three ingredients, you’ll also need either a blender or a food processor, preferably a blender! I use this Ninja Blender for this milkshake and a lot of my sauces and vinaigrettes. It works like a charm!
Outside of your blender, here’s everything you’ll need:
This milkshake can be made with dairy-free ice cream and milk and come out just as delicious! Oreos do not contain any dairy products, so this recipe is vegan-friendly!
Green tip: Industrial dairy production has a huge impact on the environment, especially because of the amount of land it takes to sustain and its high amount of greenhouse gas emissions. Reducing your dairy consumption is one great way to reduce your ecological footprint.
If you don’t have strawberry ice cream, but do have vanilla ice cream and strawberries, you can still make this milkshake! Just Use 1/3 cup vanilla ice cream instead of 1/2 cup strawberry ice cream, and add 3-4 large strawberries without their stems.
Your cookies certainly don’t have to be Oreo brand. There are plenty of other chocolate sandwich cookies options (some even without palm oil, an additive that has a high environmental impact)! You can even make your own.
Getting the Right Consistency
I’ve found that 1/3 cup milk in this shake gets me a fantastic consistency. Just thick and creamy enough, but not too much to stop me from slurping it up through a straw.
Green tip: Consider investing in reusable straws! They are easy to clean and will reduce your contribution to plastic waste that eventually ends up in landfills or makes its way into the environment and becomes microplastics. These stainless steel straws are my favorite!
That being said, if you find that your milkshake is a little too thick, you can add an extra tablespoon or two of milk to your blender. Add them one at a time, blending in between, and checking your consistency as you go.
Remember, it’s much easier to loosen it when it’s too thick than to make it thicker. If your ice cream is a little melted, start with 3 tablespoons of milk instead of 1/4 cup. Then check your milkshake and add more milk as needed.
Have Fun With It!
Add some garnish to give your milkshake some texture and a fun, classic diner milkshake feel!
Some options for garnish include whipped cream, chocolate syrup, Oreos, and strawberries. But don’t let me stifle your creativity—add all your fixin’s!
Why You Should Make this Strawberry Oreo Milkshake
- It’s nostalgic. It’ll bring out the kid in you!
- It’s easy as 1, 2, 3! Three simple ingredients are thrown in the blender and voila!
- She cute. Just look at her!
If you’re loving this Strawberry Oreo Milkshake and want more 3-ingredient blender wonders, check out this Nutella milkshake and Peanut Butter Milkshake.
3-Ingredient Strawberry Oreo MilkshakePRINT PIN RATE
3-Ingredient Strawberry Oreo Milkshake
- 4 whole Oreos
- 1 cup strawberry ice cream (dairy or non-dairy)
- ⅓ cup milk (cows or non-dairy)
Optional Garnish Ideas
- 1 tablespoon whipped cream
- 1 teaspoon chocolate syrup
- 1 Oreo
- 1 Strawberry
- Add your Oreos, ice cream, and milk to a blender.
- Blend on high until Oreos are crushed and the milkshake is smooth.
- Garnish with toppings of choice and serve immediately.
- If you like your milkshake extra thick, use less milk! You can always add more after the initial blending.
- This milkshake can be made vegan with nondairy ice cream and milk.
- Check out this delicious collection of my best milkshake recipes that are sure to bring all your friends to the yard!
- Oreos aren’t just great with milk, you can also find them in this collection of fun recipes using Oreos!