Craving a delicious, warm, from-scratch treat? This list of Easy Homemade Muffins includes 8+ recipes that will fill your kitchen with the best smells and your tummy with the best flavors!
From fruity to nutty to chocolatey, this all-encompassing list has a wide range of flavor combinations, all of which will satisfy your sweet tooth. Plus, these recipes are easy and foolproof, making them safe for beginner bakers!
Classic muffins are the first thing I learned to bake, and among the first recipes I developed when I started blogging! They are low-maintenance and forgiving, making them the perfect treat for building baking confidence.
Green Tip: Check out these reusable silicone baking cups to reduce waste! They’re easy to clean and perfectly nonstick.
As an environmental scientist, I believe making small changes like reducing kitchen waste can make a bigger impact over time.
Easy Homemade Muffins
- Delicious One-Bowl Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Moist Blueberry Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Fluffy Vegan Blackberry Muffins
- Blueberry Banana Oatmeal Muffins (Vegan-Friendly)
- Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Moist Banana Carrot Muffins
- Festive Pumpkin Muffins with Spiced Cream Cheese Frosting
- Amazing Banana Muffins with Nutella Ganache
- Pistachio Muffins (No Pudding Mix!)
- Moist Pumpkin Banana Muffins with Crumble Top
1. Delicious One-Bowl Chocolate Chip Muffins
2. Moist Blueberry Chocolate Chip Muffins
3. Fluffy Vegan Blackberry Muffins
4. Blueberry Banana Oatmeal Muffins (Vegan-Friendly)
5. Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
6. Moist Banana Carrot Muffins
7. Festive Pumpkin Muffins with Spiced Cream Cheese Frosting
8. Amazing Banana Muffins with Nutella Ganache
9. Pistachio Muffins (No Pudding Mix!)
10. Moist Pumpkin Banana Muffins with Crumble Top
I hope this list of Easy Homemade Muffins inspired you to whip up a delicious batch of warm muffins! If you’re still not sure where to start, I’ve included the recipe for these Blueberry Chocolate Chip Muffins that combine the fruity, slightly tart taste of fresh blueberries with decadent chocolate chips held together in a fluffy, moist muffin!
8+ Easy Homemade Muffins, including Blueberry Chocolate Chip MuffinsPRINT PIN RATE
- ¾ cup granulated sugar ( + optional extra tablespoon to sprinkle on top )
- ⅓ cup oil (coconut in liquid form, vegetable, or canola)
- 1 large egg (or flax egg to make vegan)
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour (+ 1 tablespoon to coat blueberries)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk (cows or unsweetened non-dairy)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 ounces blueberries (6 oz usually = 1 cup)
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 400°F and spray your muffin tin—or use these cute reusuable muffin liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a whisk or hand mixer to cream together oil and sugar until smooth.
- Add egg and whisk to combine.
- Add 1 and 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, and salt and whisk again, ensuring the batter is smooth and free from lumps.
- Whisk in your milk and vanilla extract until you're left with a smooth batter.
- Toss your blueberries in 1 tablespoon of flour to coat them and add the coated berries and chocolate chips to your muffin batter. Use a spatula to fold in the blueberries and chocolate, careful not to overmix.
- Use a cookie scoop or large spoon to fill muffin cups, leaving about 1/2 inch of space at the top for the muffins to rise. Add a little sprinkle on top of each muffin (optional) to get a crunchy muffin top.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy warm!
- You can use either fresh or frozen blueberries interchangeably in this recipe.
- Rather than use disposable muffin cups, be kinder to the environment and consider these reusable silicon muffin liners (also good for cupcakes!)