Want to start your day off on a high note? This list of savory breakfast recipes has what you need!
From sandwiches, burritos, quiches, casseroles, eggs, and biscuits, there’s a little bit of everything for everyone. Each recipe is vegetarian friendly and filled with flavor! Plus, you’ll learn new egg-making techniques and biscuit-cutting hacks!
Green Tip: If you want to source your eggs more sustainably, look for pasture-raised eggs (over free-range or cage-free) to support agriculture that is less reliant on chemicals and fossil fuels.
As an environmental scientist, I strongly believe making small changes like responsibly sourcing ingredients when you can, makes a bigger impact over time.
Savory Breakfast Recipes
- Crispy Pan-Fried Egg and Cheese Sandwich Three Ways
- Smoked Salmon Breakfast Bowl with Crispy Potatoes
- The Best Soft Scrambled Eggs Hacks and Technique
- Creamy Asparagus Quiche with Gouda Cheese
- Vegetarian Breakfast Burrito with Salsa
- Five-Minute Over Hard Eggs
- Savory Quinoa Breakfast Bowl with Veggies
- 15-Minute Naan Breakfast Pizza
- Showstopping Apple and Cheddar Quiche
- Savory French Toast Casserole with Chives
- Next-Level Spicy Feta Shakshuka
- Southern Comfort Vegetarian Biscuits and Gravy
- 5-Ingredient Lox and Schmear Omelet
1. Crispy Pan-Fried Egg and Cheese Sandwich Three Ways
2. Smoked Salmon Breakfast Bowl with Crispy Potatoes
3. The Best Soft Scrambled Eggs Hacks and Technique
4. Creamy Asparagus Quiche with Gouda Cheese
5. Vegetarian Breakfast Burrito with Salsa
6. Five-Minute Over Hard Eggs
7. Savory Quinoa Breakfast Bowl with Veggies
8. 15-Minute Naan Breakfast Pizza
9. Showstopping Apple and Cheddar Quiche
10. Savory French Toast Casserole with Chives
11. Next-Level Spicy Feta Shakshuka
12. Southern Comfort Vegetarian Biscuits and Gravy
13. 5-Ingredient Lox and Schmear Omelet
I hope this list of savory breakfast recipes inspires you to whip something delicious up to start your day! If you’re still not sure where to start, I’ve included this simple recipe for Over Hard Eggs that will teach you how to fry up the perfect well-done egg in just 5 minutes!
5-Minute Fried Over Hard EggsPIN Print RATE
Eggs Over Hard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or butter)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
Optional Flavor Enhancers
- 1 tablespoon diced scallions or chives
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheese (cheddar, gouda, Havarti, Swiss, muenster, or Parmesan)
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili oil or other flavored oil (in place of olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs (thyme, basil, parsley, dill, cilantro, oregano, or rosemary)
- Crack each egg into its own small bowl or ramekin and set aside. This will give you a chance to make sure your egg is fresh and to remove any eggshells that may have fallen into your cracked egg.
- Add the olive oil to a medium nonstick saucepan over medium-low heat and allow the oil to get hot for 1 minute.
- Carefully add the eggs to the pan, leaving at least two inches of space between each egg. Optional: use a knife to pierce the yolk, so it spreads across the egg white. This will reduce the cooking time once flipped by roughly one minute.
- Allow to cook for about 2 minutes, or until egg whites are opaque.
- Crack salt and pepper on the eggs. Use a thin spatula to carefully flip the eggs, one at a time.
- Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until egg yolks are well-done. Enjoy!
- If you’re making more than 2 eggs, it’s best to do so in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan. Wipe the pan clean in between batches and use 1 tablespoon of oil per every 2 eggs.
- Now that you’ve mastered frying an egg, learn how to poach one in this Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict recipe!