Ready to try your hand at some mixology cocktails at home? Here’s my list of 24+ creative and flavorful cocktails that will make you feel like a true mixologist.
Whether you’re at a fancy lounge or in sweatpants on your couch, sipping on a beautiful cocktail always makes you feel fabulous. So why not have a few mixology cocktail recipes in your back pocket to shake up at the drop of a hat?
With each cocktail, you can expect to find creative new ways to enjoy your drinks, as well as little green tips to reduce your carbon footprint. Because who doesn’t love saving the planet one sip at a time?
Whether you are looking for something fun to serve up at your next party or just in the mood for a unique drink during happy hour, this list of Mixology Cocktails to try at home is the ultimate guide to mixing up delicious cocktails that will make you say “ahhh” with every sip.
Mixology Cocktails To Try At Home
Whiskey is a dark distilled alcohol made from grains. There is a wide variety of whiskeys, but most generally have hints of caramel and oak, making it a bold-flavored favorite in cocktails.
1. Old-Fashioned Cocktail
2. Bourbon Smash
3. Special Whiskey Blues Cocktail
4. Mint Julep
5. Aperol Old Fashioned
6. Aperol Bourbon Cocktail
Rum is an alcoholic spirit distilled from sugar. It’s on the sweeter side and is a great anchor in many cocktail recipe.
7. Ginger Beer Mojito
8. Coconut Daiquiri with Grapefruit Juice
9. Kiwi Mojito
10. Rum Punch
11. Love Potion Cocktail
12. Matcha Mojito
13. Classic Spicy Mojito with Jalapeño
14. Tropical Strawberry Pineapple Mojito
Vodka is a clear distilled alcohol often made from wheat or potatoes. It has a very clean taste.
15. Limoncello Cocktail
16. Matcha Vodka Cocktail
17. Vodka Sour
18. Vodka Margarita
19. White Chocolate Martini
Gin is a distilled alcohol that is derived from Juniper berries. It has a very floral, aromatic taste with subtle hints of pine.
20. Red Rosemary Foghorn
21. Gin Smash
22. Cherry Martini
23. Gin Mojito
24. Aperol Gin Cocktail
25. Blueberry Gin Fizz
26. Aperol Negroni
Tequila is made from the blue agave plant, giving it a very distinct flavor.
27. Aperol Margarita
28. Passion Fruit Margarita
29. Watermelon Basil Margarita
Enjoy this list of 24+ Mixology Cocktails to Try at Home! And if you can’t decide where to start, here is one of my all-time favorites (okay maybe I say that about a lot of cocktails, but this one holds a special place in my heart!), the Ginger Beer Mojito:
Mixology Cocktails To Try At Home, including Fiery Ginger Beer and White Rum MojitoPRINT PIN RATE
- Cocktail Muddler (optional)
- ½ ounce lime juice (½ oz lime juice usually = juice from ½ a lime)
- 5 fresh mint leaves (+ more for garnish)
- ½ cup ice
- 3 ounces white rum
- 6.8 ounces ginger beer (6.8 oz usually = 1 can)
- Cut your lime in half, squeezing the juice from one half into a highball glass, and setting aside the other half for garnish.
- Add about 5 mint leaves into the glass and muddle for about 30 seconds to release the flavor of the mint.
- Add ice, rum, and ginger beer and stir.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and more mint and serve ice cold!
- It’s best not to use a shaker for this cocktail. You won’t want to lose the crisp carbonation of the gingerbeer.
- I like to really taste the rum, so I add two full jiggers worth of it to each drink, but if you want the rum to be less prevalent, start with one. You can always add more!
- 1 fluid ounce = 2 tablespoons